Top 5 things to do in Alesund Norway
Alesund sits on the peninsula on the west coast of Norway on the Norwegian Sea and although has been populated since before the Viking era has been an official town as on 1848. With its quaint features and interesting history combined with the beautiful scenery, it makes for an amazing place to visit. Here are 5 of our top things to do here.
- Trollveggen – For the adventurer out there this is on the most prestigious goals that you can aim to achieve. Known as the Troll Wall climbers and base jumpers come from all over the world to try their hand and this 5950 feet vertical wall that raises from the valley to the sky. This wall is the highest vertical wall in Europe. If you dare then go and visit this amazing challenge and maybe give it a go.
- Mt. Aksla – Within this city mountain you take a drive or climb the 418 steps to the beautiful viewpoint that spans out over the town, coastlines and Sunnmore Alps. The best view in town and definitely worth a trip to get some amazing pictures.
- Sunnmore Museum – This open-air museum takes you on a journey back in time and tells the stories of the people who lived there. The museum is made up of 55 old houses each depicting a period in time and telling the story of the people who have settled here for centuries.
- Giske Island – This Island has become more and more popular after the TV show Vikings as this is the birthplace of the Viking Rollo the famous Viking who founded the Duchy of Normandy in France. The island itself has been inhabited since the Bronze Age and has many beautiful places to visit. One of the most beautiful is the 12th-century marble church that is well worth a visit.
- Atlantic Ocean Marine Park – This marine park is the largest saltwater aquarium in Scandinavia. It has so many things to see with massive aquariums featuring sea life from the Norwegian coast and the North Atlantic Ocean. There are touch pools and activity pools for you to explore. It is a great place for the sea life lover or to take the family on a fun and educational day out.